After a long absence I’m finally back to share with you some of many life changing thougths that have been rumbling my mind over the last few months.
With considerably less time to sew and blog about the things I make, I’ve come to the conclusion that I really should put more thought and love into each one of the pieces I make. In the past, I used to sew one or more garments a week, but many of the garments I sewed for myself were illfitting, with unfinished seams, and/or simply on a style that was off for me and I rarely wore them. I want to work in great fitting garments that are well finished and will last a long while.
I’ve been having some major thoughts on what I teach my children through my lifestyle. I’ve been thinking about the things I buy, the food I choose, where the store bouthg clothes I choose to afford come from, what are the processes and the conditions involved in the food, things and clothes I buy, how much energy do I use, what happens with my waste?
I want to teach my children to be responsible for the world they live in. I want to teach my children to care for it.
I welcome you to the space where I share the little life style changes I decide to make towards a more concious and better lifestyle with a focus on sewing.
Here are 5 things I have learned through sewing for myself #sewinglessons :
- I can sew pretty much ANYTHING I want to see myself wearing.
- I can make very practical and useful things, like my cocoon coat extension, my pregnancy leggings (unblogged) or my nursing bras that I’ve worn to death.
- I can discover my style and feel confident, beautiful and comfortable!
- I can share life and things I make and meet wonderful and like minded people.
- I now know the time, love and effort that goes into making garments that I will love wearing and that will last a long time. I much rather to take more time to make something well thought and excecuted than paying the fast fashion industry to continue .
I invite you think about 5 things you have learned through sewing for yourself and share them with the hastag #sewinglessons .
How has sewing for yourself changed the way you shop?
Had you heard about the Fast fashion industry?
How did having kids affect the way you live?
Thanks for reading and I’d love to hear your thoughts!!
See you next time!