Long-time no see!
Between moving to a new place, family visits and vacation it has been quite busy around here. Luckily I have managed to squeeze a post on my most recent make: a lace collage bra using the Bravo Bra #2 by BravoBellaBras as my pattern. Back in June, L commented that BravoBellaBras came in large sizes and I jumped into the adventure!
I calculated my bra size following the instructions in BravoBella’s website.
After measuring myself, I decided to cut a 44F.
This is my first take on this pattern, so I decided to keep the modifications to a minimum. Because I consider wide bra straps with stable fabric more supportive, I chose to keep the bra straps from the Classic Full Band Bra from Bra-makers Supplies. To do this, I extended the neckline to connect with the strap.
Here the results:
I have worn it a few times now and here are my thoughts:
– The neckline, I think it turned out pretty well and is one of the features I love about it.
-The pattern seems drafted by hand… Which I am not quite used to… It was a bit strange…
– There are not quite enough notches to sew the pattern symetrically so I ended up undoing the cups more than once.
– The cup size runs a bit small since there is a gap between my breastbone and the bra
– It lacks support. I feel like my breasts sag a bit by the end of the day.
– My apex to apex distance is wider wearing this bra as compared to the the Classic Full Band Bra.
– The bust is not covered at the armhole. I would like to see more coverage in this region.
Although I wasn’t quite happy with the result, I really liked playing with the lace. I also found I prefer diagonal over horizontal cup seams. I may modify the pattern and make it again.
What do you think about it? I have tried this pattern before? Have you found any other bra patterns drafted for larger sizes with a wide cup size range?
That’s it for today lads!